Eligibility For RPF Sub Inspectors / Constables Examination
The eligibility conditions of the candidates who are interested to appear in the RPF Sub Inspectors (in the Executive Branch and Fire Service Branch) along with Constables Examination conduced by the Central Selection Board is explained here.
Recruitment of Sub-Inspectors in RPF/RPSF
- Educational Qualification:– Graduate from a recognized university
- Age: Not less than 18 and not more than 25 years as on 1st January of the year in case the vacancies are advertised in the first half of the year or as on 1st July of the year if the vacancies are advertised in the second half of the year. Relaxation as per extant instructions will be admissible to SC/ST/OBC/Ex-Servicemen.
- Must be a Citizen of India
- For the post of Sub-Inspector (Prosecution), the candidate must have passed Bachelor Degree in Law from a recognized University and practiced as an Advocate for not less than 2 years on the date of notification.
Between 20 and 25 years
Between 18 to 25 years
Relaxation of upper age limit is as per rules.
a) Height Minimum for Men : 165 cms (160 cms for SC/150cms for ST/165 for Ex-S)
Height Minimum for Females : 157 cms for General/SC/ST/OBC
b) Chest Minimum : 80 cms (76.2 cms for SC/ST) with expansion of 5 Cms
c) Weight Minimum : 50 kg for SC and 48 kg for ST.
Note : Height of Gorkhas, Garhwalis, Kumaonese, etc., shall not be less than 160 cms (155 cms for females).
You should be aware of the syllabus to prepare for the exam. There are many levels like Physical Test, Written Test, Viva-Voce, Medical Test etc.
The selection procedure for each level of test is as follows:
Step 1: Physical Measurement
(i) Physical Measurement of candidates is done for assessing the eligibility of the candidates with respect to height and male candidates will also be subjected to measurement of chest.
(ii) Candidates who fail in physical measurement are not eligible for further tests.
Step 2: Written Test
Duration: 2 Hours
Maximum Marks: 180
An objective type written test is conducted for selection. The written test for Inspector (Prosecution) and Sub-Inspector (Prosecution) is conducted separately.
Syllabus for Written Test:
The syllabus for the written test will generally be in conformity with the educational qualifications i.e. Law. It will have question based on what you study in LLB and is conducted in both English and Hindi.
Part I: General Knowledge & Mental ability. (30 Marks)
Part ll: Law – Cr.P.C, IPC, Evidence Act, Constitution of India, C.P.C & Acts related to the working of RPF/Railways. (150 Marks)
Negative Marking: 01 (one) mark will be deducted for every 04 incorrect answers. No marks shall be awarded or deducted for questions not attempted.
Step 3: Viva-Voce
Maximum Marks: 20
Viva-voce by the Recruitment Committee for all categories will carry 20 marks (including 05marks for documents verification) The purpose of the viva-voce will be to determine the professional skill, general intelligence, awareness, alertness and to assess their overall suitability for the RPF. The appearance of the candidate for viva-voce will be compulsory. Those who do not appear for the viva-voce will not be considered in the final selection irrespective of their performance in the written test.
During viva-voce, 05 marks on documents verification shall be given as under:
Candidates with NCC ‘B’ Certificate: 01 mark
Candidates with NCC ‘C Certificate: 02 marks
Benefit is not available to ex-servicemen.
B. Games and Sports (Selected Games)
* For having represented university at inter-university sports: 01 mark
* For having represented state at inter-state sports: 02 marks
* For having represented India at international sports meet: 03 marks
* For Medal winner at national level sports meet: 03 marks
* Maximum bonus marks for Games and Sports certificate shall not exceed 03 marks.
Step 4: Medical Examination
The candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass their fitness in C-1 medical category prior to appointment. The candidates must not have knock-knee, flatfoot, squint in eyes and any apparent physical deformity. They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties. The candidates who fail in the Medical Examination will not be eligible for appointment.
Step 5: Police Verification
The Character and Antecedents of the empanelled candidates shall be verified from the Police/Civil Authorities. Adverse police verification report in respect of empanelled candidates will render them unfit for appointment.