UPPSC Pre Syllabus
UPPSC Pre Syllabus Structure of Examination, Eligibility, Examination Centers, Categories of Services, Syllabus for UPPSC Preliminary Exam.
General Studies-I Marks-200
Current events of national and inteernational importance.
* History of India and Indian Nationnal Movement.
* Indian and World geography – Ph ysical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
* Indian Polity and governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues etc.
* Economic and Social Developm ent – Sustainable Development, Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
* General Issues on Environmentaal ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
* General Science
Current events of national and in ternational Importance:– On Current Events of Nattional and International Importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
History of India & Indian Natioonal Movement:- In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian History. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, gro wth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World: In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Econom ic Geography of India.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights
Issues, etc.:- In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
Economic and Social Developmennt – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social
Sector Initiatives, etc.:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems andd relationship between Population, Environment and Urbannisation.
General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization, General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
General Science:- Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day obseervation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
General Studies-II Marks – 200
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
• Logical reasoning and anallytical ability.
• Decision making and probllem solving.
• General mental ability
• Elementary Mathematics upto Class X level- Arithmatic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
• General English upto Class X level.
• General Hindi upto Class X level.
Ele mentary Mathematics (Upto Class X Level)
1. Arithmetic:- (i) Number systeems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and Irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Ineger, pri me Integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their Innterrelationship.
(ii) Average (iii) Ratio and proportiion (iv) Percentage (v) Profit and Loss (vi) Simple a nd Compound Interests
(vii) Work and Time (viii) Speed, Time and Distance
2. Algebra :- (i) Factors of polyynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their Interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations. (ii) Set Theory :- Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric diffference) between sets, venn diagram.
3. Geometry:- (i) Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapeezium and circles, their perimeter and area. (ii) Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
4. Statistics:- Collection of dataa, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram , frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves (ogives) , Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic Mean, Median and Mode.
General English Upto Class X Level
2. Active Voice and Passive Voice
3. Parts of Speech
4. Transformation of Sentences
5. Direct and Indirect Speech
6. Punctuation and Spellings
7. Words meanings
8. Vocabulary & Usage
9. Idioms and Phrases
10. Fill in the Blanks