Exam Pattern to Prepare For SSC CGL Tier 1 2018 Exam
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
The overall time you get for solving the paper is 60 mins. There’s no sectional time limit so that you have the liberty to try numerous sections in any order you need. Now allow’s go through each segment individually and tool a strategy that can provide you with the impetus you require to ace this examination.
How to put together for SSC CGL Tier I – popular Intelligence & Reasoning
Solving fashionable Intelligence (GI) questions may be very tricky until you have sufficient practice. Further to fixing practice papers, try at least 50 GI and reasoning questions each day. This way you will have practised as a minimum 2000 questions of GI and reasoning earlier than your real exam. As you pass on training, you will regularly devise hints of your personal to tackle GI questions.
Start your Reasoning practise here:
- Testbook Reasoning: this is undoubtedly the excellent vicinity to clear all ideas which will put together for SSC CGL Tier 1 exam.
- Testbook Reasoning Quiz: To make certain that you are honestly gaining knowledge of and now not simply wasting time, keep a tune of your guidance by using taking these quizzes. These quizzes are prepared via preserving in thoughts the SSC CGL exam pattern & final yr exam analysis.
Subjects like Puzzles, analogy, coding-decoding, collection, discern-based totally questions, etc. Are very scoring. Begin with these and move on to extra versatile questions. You may word a large improvement in your accuracy within every week in case you exercise constantly. Furthermore, non-verbal reasoning topics like picture assembling, determine-counting, and so on. Require you to rent visual imagination. Do not bypass or forget about these questions due to the fact they seem time-ingesting to you. Fixing them is the high-quality way to cause them to less time-eating.
A way to prepare for SSC CGL in three months – General Awareness
General awareness (GA) is the most scoring section of the exam. If you prepare this section thoroughly now, it will not take more than 10 minutes of your time during the exam. You can utilize the time you save here for doing calculations in Quantitative Aptitude. The exam usually has more questions from static GK than Current Affairs. Therefore, focus more on static GK and simultaneously stay in touch with Current Affairs.
Prepare the subjects in the following order of priority:
Science ⇒ Polity ⇒ History ⇒ Geography ⇒ Economy ⇒ Miscellaneous
Static GK mainly relates to culture, Indian records, Geography (India+global), environment, financial system and Polity. Instead of cramming mindlessly, make notes and mindmaps to remember statistics, a chronology of events, reason and impact, and so on. Doing this will additionally make your revision technique faster. Exercise at least 75 questions of GA ordinary within half-hour.
The following material will help you cover almost all aspects of General Awareness:
- Current Affairs App:Due to the fact that you’ve got more than months of time, undergo the notes and capsules in the App. Also, take the every day/Weekly/monthly Quizzes.
- Static GK:Those tablets are critical to keep you up to date on trivia and occasions and to reinforce your widespread attention.
- GK Quiz:Improve your trendy recognition with these quick quizzes. To put together for SSC CGL Tier 1 exam and concurrently test your self, these quizzes are the excellent platform.
- Current Affairs Capsules:In case you don’t have an Android app, study each day/month-to-month pills of the past three months.
- Current Affairs Quiz:Make it a point to take those quizzes each day.
Note: When it comes to General Awareness, revision is the key to success!
How to Prepare for SSC CGL Tier I 2018 – Quantitative Aptitude
Quantitative aptitude is taken into consideration to be the maximum hard and time-ingesting a part of the exam. However because you still have an sufficient time to put together for SSC CGL Tier 1 examination. So, utilise this time & make your self know-how in at the least some of the areas of quant segment. For this you may begin with the subjects such as percent, income & loss, ratio & percentage, velocity distance & time, boat & stream, statistics interpretation and so on. Start your instruction right here:
- Testbook Quant:Carefully go through all the shortcuts, concepts and tips.
- Testbook Quant Quiz:Check your self with those tiny quizzes having answers to restoration your mistakes on the spot.
- Math Shortcut Tricks:Shortcut tricks let you large time in Quantitative Aptitude.
- Take one mock test daily leading up to the exam.
- Practice on app daily. When you’re travelling or bored. When you sit down to practice.
- Study all the solutions cautiously to apprehend the concepts used inside the questions.
- Simplification, hobby, percentages, ratio and proportion and age-troubles are easy and scoring so spend extra time with those subjects. Profit and loss, quantity collection, mensuration, number structures, velocity and distance, etc. Are scoring topics however take more time to resolve. While going through the previous years’ query papers, analyze the character of the questions requested from these in addition to other subjects. Research all of the crucial formulation by means of coronary heart and time your self even as training. Moreover, exercise on the app each day.
- Don’t underestimate the significance of studying your practise whilst making ready for Quantitative aptitude. Clear up as many one of a kind kinds of questions and subjects as you could to understand your strong and susceptible areas. Weeks earlier than the examination, exercise extra of those questions that you are greater confident approximately. It’s first-rate in case you preserve reviewing your strategy as according to your progress.
Note: try to allocate as a minimum 2 hours from your whole day to Practice questions from quantitative aptitude section. Inside the exam, don’t deliver greater than 25 minutes to this segment.
How to Prepare for SSC CGL Tier I – English Language
There are three important factors that you want to master to successfully prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1 English test. These are vocabulary, grammar and comprehension. If you gain proficiency in vocabulary and grammar, you will win half the struggle. After this, all you want is to paintings on comprehension.
The pattern and questions in this exam often get repeated. Therefore, a thorough preparation can help you wrap up this entire section within 10 minutes in the exam.
Practice as a minimum 10 comprehension passages daily. The trick here is to examine the questions earlier than you study the passage, as then while studying the passage you will know precisely what you are looking for. In reality, from time to time, the answers to all the questions which observe the passage lie in the initial paragraphs.
Considering the fact that you need to put together for the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam, you possibly get to read loads. Every time you stumble upon a new phrase, take a look at the that means of the word and try and reuse it and its synonyms and antonyms in sentences. Also, make certain you do this for all of the new phrases that you come upon in the model/previous years’ query papers and even as reading cutting-edge Affairs. Do make it a factor to go through our phrase strength Made easy capsules to research memory techniques for vocabulary, grammar classes, hints, tricks and more.
Much like vocabulary, your grammar will even enhance in case you study extra definitely. In any case, try as many questions as you may on:
- Error Spotting
- Phrase Replacement
- Fill in the Blanks
When you exhaust model/preceding years’ papers, move over to other resources to exercise at least 30 questions of grammar each day. Try to quickly scan across newspapers like ‘The Hindu’ day by day. Some different sources you may rely on are:
- English for Competitive Exams Modules:The best technique for contextual usage, grammar.
- Testbook English Quiz:Practice questions in tiny quizzes and notice where you stand among your peers.
- Grammarly:Kind for your grammar-related query on Google and click at the links from Grammarly.
- English Stack Exchange:Type in your grammar-related query on Google and click on links from English Stack Exchange. Or visit the forum to learn English in an unstructured format, one doubt at a time.
- Thesaurus: Learn synonyms and antonyms for different words.
More Rules to Follow While You Prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam:
- The primary factor you need to do while you sit down to study is to clear up a mock question paper. Solve as a minimum one mock paper every day.
- Time yourself section-wise.
- After you solve a mock test, review it in and out. Analyze your errors, time taken, accuracy and approach.
- Try different time-management strategies like the ones given below and adopt the one that suits you the best.
- Try more SSC CGL Tests here.
- Supply more time to sections that you are more robust in. This could make certain that you could effectively use the time duration of the examination. Remember that there aren’t any sectional cut-off dates and no sectional reduce offs. So your process is to truly maximize your score but you may.
- Strive different order of try patterns in your mock exams. Some with English first, a few Quant first. Or strive your toughest section first. See which approach works high-quality for you.
With a bit of luck, after analyzing this publish you may realize precisely the way to prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1 examination.