Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts various exams such as PO Exam, Clerk Exam, RRB Exam & Specialist Officer Exam every year for many posts in IBPS Participating Banks and Institutions.
A large number of aspirants Apply for IBPS Exam Online, but few of them get success here you find the best way to prepare for ibps exam, IBPS Preparation Material & tips to crack ibps exam in easy steps. Check IBPS RRB 2018 and IBPS PO 2018 Complete details here.
The mental state of the candidate is very much connected with preparation. As the candidate having prepared well will have more self-confidence and will perform well and the candidate lacking preparation would be under-confidence and unable to perform well.
IBPS Exam includes two levels of Common Written Exam (CWE) & Interview. Qualified participants in CWE will be eligible for Interview. IBPS Clerk & PO exam have Preliminary and Mains exam those candidates qualify for Pre exam they will be eligible for mains exam and then Interview.
Common Written Exam (CWE)
IBPS PO/ Clerk exam has Prelims and Mains exam. IBPS Pre exam includes 3 subjects Reasoning (35 marks), English (30 marks) and Quantitive Aptitude (35 marks). Time duration is 01 hour. Check Complete Details about IBPS Prelims Exam Pattern with Syllabushere.
- Mains Exam – Total Marks:- 200
- Time Duration – 2 to 2.30 Hours – check full details here IBPS Exam Paper Pattern
- Paper – Reasoning paper, General Awareness paper, English / Hindi Language Paper, Quantitative Aptitude / Numerical Ability paper, Computer Knowledge paper, Professional Knowledge paper. Check IBPS Exam Complete Syllabus here.
All Subjects have equal weight in the exam so you should focus on every paper. And Negative marking also takes effect on your overall score calculation for every wrong answer you charged by 0.25 mark.
Those candidates who qualify in (CWE) they are called for interview exam conducted by IBPS Department at various centers. And then finally, you get the provisional letter.
|Exam||Level 1||Level 2||Common Interview|
|IBPS PO Exam||Preliminary||Mains||Interview|
|IBPS Clerk Exam||Preliminary||Mains||–|
|IBPS RRB Exam||Preliminary||Mains||Interview (Officers)|
|IBPS SO Exam||Preliminary||Mains||Interview|
What to Prepare for IBPS Exam?
Aspirants should focus on that what is IBPS Exam Syllabus topics and subjects. Mainly here I am talking about the major ibps exam topics which all have equal importance in the exam. And also, discuss tips to prepare for IBPS Exam OR IBPS Preparation tips.
Reasoning – How to Prepare Reasoning for IBPS Exam?
This subject plays a significant role in any of online bank exam preparation. How to Prepare for reasoning for IBPS? The reasoning is also a scoring part you can easily score good marks in it to push your overall score too high. Most of the questions in this part are the general type. This part also less time consuming if you solve paragraph puzzles with full concentration. Mostly one para gave and 5 question related to that. You should make reasoning a killer part of your preparation for IBPS Exam.
General Awareness (GK) – How to Prepare General knowledge for IBPS Exam?
General Knowledge is a fundamental part of any of banking exam. If you are aware of daily events and activities in India with daily newspaper habit, seriously you can easily cover most of the part of general knowledge. You can easily score well in this section of the exam.
GK Paper covers most of the part with current affairs so focus on it seriously especially related to Banking & Finance Sector. In IBPS exams, mostly questions of General Awareness are asked from Current Affairs. Focus mainly on current affairs related to Banking & Finance Sector. You should start reading daily newspapers and magazines for boosting your general knowledge.
English/ Hindi Language – How to prepare English for IBPS Exam?
English / Hindi are also scoring subjects in IBPS Exam. you can choose one of them as per your background stream. Examiner wants to check your English knowledge that how you perform on this subject because English is a global language, you must perfect in basic knowledge about it.
But all participants do not take advantage of this part because their basics of this subject are not clear at ground level, so they were always afraid of this English subject and scoreless in this part. So for the solution better you choose Hindi OR prepare well for English.
Those participants who have a good command of the English subject they score well than others because English is an important part of any of exam not even in the banking industry.
English topics to focus – Fill in the Blanks, Comprehension Passage, phrases, and idioms, Spotting Error Questions, Preposition, Sentence Rearrangement Questions, etc. Also, read – IBPS preparation tips for the English language here.
Quantitative Aptitude – How to prepare Quantitative Aptitude for IBPS Exam?
Quantitative questions consume lots of time to solve the problems. Data interpretation is the major part of this subject it contains up to 15 items from it. So you should have good knowledge about Tabulation, Pie chart, Line chart, line graph and Bar chart, etc. students need to focus more different questions, not for a single. You must save your time for other sections because this subject consumes your most of time in calculation.
Aptitude topics to focus – Data Interpretation, Sequence & Series, Number System, Quadratic Equations, Sequence & Series, Ratio, Proportion Percentage & Averages, Simplification, etc.
How to Improve Calculation Speed in IBPS Bank Exam?
- Overcome the Inertia: The candidate should be free from any negativity and try to solve the problems. It might appear difficult in the initial stages but with self-motivation, one can really make the things happen.
- Begin with ‘The Beginning’: The candidate must begin with the basic and four pillars of the arithmetic. In order to improve the calculation speed, the four operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, should be on tips of the candidates as the mathematical solutions comprise these basic operations. Check Complete Guide on IBPS Quantitative Aptitude Preparation tips.
- By heart the multiplication tables: For bank exam, it’s important to learn the multiplication tables up to 20. So learn the tables by heart and also learn the square root values from 1 to 20. These will help you out to choose the correct answers.
- Sharpen your mental math skills: In order to sharpen the calculation speed, try to visualize the calculations in your brain so that the visualization skills should also be developed.
- Learn proper techniques: Learning proper techniques, tips, and tactics is the most important part to increase calculative skills. Try to learn the techniques from an experienced teacher, the internet or any math book and must apply on the spot whenever you get to know about it as then you might remember it for long.
- Strict to a schedule: Discipline is most important to quality that every individual must possess and it could make a person’s life better. Make it a rule to practice the calculations in the early morning as it’s the best time to improve the skills and master the QA section.
- Challenge yourself: In order to learn the things, the candidate must challenge himself/ herself. The challenge is the only way through which a candidate would perform and give its best. Try to make the progress with every step you go ahead with. Hope now you have a clear picture of how to prepare quantitative aptitude for ibps exam easily?
- Check Complete Guide – SSC Junior Engineer Preparation Tips
- Check Complete Guide – SSC CHSL Exam Tips and Tricks
- Documents for IBPS Interview
- एसएससी परीक्षा की तैयारी कैसे करे? हिंदी में
Computer Knowledge – How to prepare Computer Awareness for IBPS Exam?
Computer knowledge is an additional subject for IBPS Exam. It also contains equal marks like others so don’t take it either. Here examiner wants to test your computer skills and basic knowledge about computer.
So you should be aware of computer here. You can score quickly more on this subject because computer syllabus criteria are not so vast, and not more time-consuming.
Computer topics to focus – Basic of Computers, Operating System Functions, Basic internet knowledge and protocols, Computer Basic Questions, Network basics (LAN & WAN), Generations of the computer, Input & Output Device, Shortcuts & Basic knowledge MS Word, MS Excel, MS power point, Computer Shortcuts, etc. Also, Check full details about IBPS preparation tips for computer IBPS Exam Computer Syllabus topics here.
Professional Knowledge – How to prepare Professional Knowledge for IBPS Exam?
IBPS Professional Knowledge Paper is only for Specialist Officer post. IBPS SO post includes various positions such as IT Officer, Agriculture Field Officer, Law Officer, HR/Personnel Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Marketing Officer, etc. IBPS Professional Knowledge syllabus for every post is different according to the specialization.
You should prepare for per post you are applying for. if students applying for IT officer examiner will ask you questions from IT sector, and If candidates are applying for AFO exam then you will face questions from agriculture field. Check all category post syllabus for that.
Major Topics to consider in your IBPS Exam Study Plan –
For IT Officer – C Programming Basics, MS Office, Windows OS and Programming, DBMS Types/Advantages/function, Data Communication & Networking, Operating system functions, Network Security, Web Technologies, Basic Programming Concepts, Basics of Hardware and Software Engineering. Check Complete Details for IBPS IT Officer exam pattern with Syllabus here.
For Agriculture Filed Officer – Agriculture current affairs, Crop horticulture vegetables, Seed Technology, Agriculture Economics, Soil Resources, Animal husbandry and technology, Rural welfare activities in India, etc. Check Complete Details on IBPS Agriculture Officer exam pattern with Syllabus here.
For Law Officer – Law and Acts with direct and Indirect Implication on the banking sector like Contract Acts, Partnerships, Companies, Firm. Relevant laws and rulings related to negotiable instruments, securities, Foreign Exchange, Prevention of money laundering, Limitation Act, Bankers Book Evidence Act, RTI Act, Information Technology Act, etc. Check Complete Details on IBPS Law Officer exam pattern with Syllabus here.
For HR Officer – Human Resource Development, Transnational Analysis, Recruitment & Selection, Rewards & Recognition, Business Policy and Strategic Analysis, Industrial Relations, Trade Unions, Labour Laws, etc.
Tips to Crack IBPS Exam
IBPS Bank Exam Tips – you should follow these given tips and tricks for IBPS exam to quickly prepare for bank exams online. And by the help of these skills, you can also, easily prepare for ibps exam at home.
- Proper planning – First of all you should have made a plan for your studies. Better understand about your IBPS exam syllabus and find that in which weak section you must pay more attention and then prepare a study schedule. And IBPS preparation tips.
- Update yourself – You should read the newspaper, magazines regularly and also updated with current affairs, daily events, and activities. Especially from banking and finance industry. It is the master key to preparing for ibps exam online.
- Study Topic wise – Students needs to concentrate on a single topic at a time do not just turn one to another pay serious attention to each and every topic. Practice more questions on the various topics.
- Make GK a weapon – General Knowledge is one of the best marks gaining subject in all over banking exams. You should command it by daily newspaper reading habit, Try some latest GK books and magazines which also clear your doubt about current affairs. Focus majorly on these topics – Current events, banking awareness, sports, business news, political news and film & television, etc.
- Proper Time Management – You should practice more and more to be able to solve all questions in good timing. Most of the students ask this question that How much time is required to prepare for IBPS Exam? The answer is as you manage. Practice as much as you can don’t waste time in just thinking about the exam. Solve previous year questions and more practice can easily save your time in ibps exam.
- Trial with the Mock test – You must try yourself with the online mock test. With properly complete your IBPS Exam Syllabus you should try some mock tests to judge yourself in the exam with proper time duration. Solve mock test to have a decent idea of the paper.
- Revision – Revise all your syllabus topics before few days once again and focus more on the weak section that time.
- Perform Like a Hero – While entering the examination hall, you should perform as a hero does not hesitate about anything. Take section first on which you have command and less time consuming then go for the long part.
- Proper Diet & Tension-free – This is the last minute tips for IBPS Exam. Students need to be calm during preparation time. Take your love, friendship, and family problems away from your mind for few days. Feel free and the only target one thing. Avoid junk food it turns you lazier, drinks lots of water and gets enough sleep.
What are the best books to prepare for IBPS Exam
You can easily get IBPS Exam books from different writers here I suggest you some of the best syllabus books which contain best study material for IBPS and also helpful for Online preparation for bank exams.
Prepare for IBPS Interview
Those participants successful qualifying in IBPS Common written exam (CWE) they are called for interview. It is an extreme situation for students to handle it because this is the last step between you and your job. If you pass it, you got your dream job so don’t take it easy.
Check some important points about How to prepare for IBPS interview ? IBPS Exam Interview majorly around in between these topics your personality, Banking sector knowledge, Latest current affairs related to banking industry & RBI. We cover this topic with more details and tips to qualify ibps exam in next article.
Final words – Aspirants who wish to plan a career in banking industry they should have a regular reading habit. Like the newspaper, magazines on current affairs and business and other bank books. It is the whole story behind how to prepare for bank exam? IBPS preparation tips and answer of How to crack bank exam?
Hope these tips crack ibps are helpful to you. आईबीपीएस प्रिपरेशन टिप्स Now you can also have the answer to this question that how to prepare for IBPS Exam at home.