CTET Exam 2018 will take place on 16th September and you have a lot of time to start your CTET preparation. CTET exam is held every year to select quality Teachers for CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) and several Government Schools. Teachers who qualify CTET are selected to teach across 92 cities in India. The competition for this exam is high and you will need steady Hard Work to crack this exam in the first attempt. Here we are some Important Preparation Tips for CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) that will help you effectively prepare for CTET exam.
CTET Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Knowing the CTET exam pattern and official CTET syllabus should be your first step for preparation. The exam pattern of CTET Recruitment for different posts is:
- CTET will be Objective in nature.
- Exam Duration will be 150 minutes.
- There will be different papers conducted for Teacher applying for Classes I-V & V-VIII.
Tips to Prepare for CTET
Let’s take a look at the CTET preparation tips subject-by-subject.
#1. CTET Preparation – Child Development & Pedagogy
- You will be asked 15 questions from each sub section of the Child Development Section
- Be thorough with the concept of Inclusive Education and Understanding Children as 5 questions will be asked from this topic.
- ‘Topic Thinkers Thoughts and Principles’ is to be prepared well
- Go through the previous year’s question papers thoroughly as some questions will be repeated.
#2. CTET Preparation – Language I and II
Usually language I is the Local Language used by you and Language II is the Second Language used by people for Communication.
- Your proficiency in the Language used to teach will be tested in this section.
- 2 Unseen Passages will be asked, one Prose and one Drama. Prose question can be Literary, Scientific, Narrative or Discursive.
- A poem will be given in the question paper and one question will be asked based on the poem.
- There will be questions on Grammar and Verbal Ability
- Time Management is an important tool in this section.
- Questions will be asked similar to those in Language I
- This section tests your proficiency in the Second Language used for Communication
- Make a habit of regular reading and speaking of your Second Language.
#3. CTET Preparation – Mathematics I and II
- Basic Mathematics questions will be asked in this section from the Syllabus.
- Questions on pedagogy will be asked. You must have a sound understanding of this section.
- Practical Teaching methods and their Practical Application must be understood.
- Before the exam, CBSE will produce sample papers for Mathematics. Make it a point of solving all those papers.
#4. Environmental Studies
- The questions asked will be General and basic, study the NCERT books of Class I to V and Geography books of Class VI to VIII.
- Watch the Daily News Clips and read the Newspaper everyday.
- Attempt Random Quizzes on General Knowledge and Awareness to help your chances of clearing this section.
- Last but not the least, attempt the previous years question papers and sample papers for Effective preparation.
- Only 30 MCQ questions will be asked from this section.
- The questions will be based on Class VI to VIII Syllabus.
- Solve all problems given in Science books from class VI to VIII.
- Attempt as many Online tests and solve as many sample papers as you can.
- Questions on Unit Conversion and Basic Cell Formation will be asked.
- A few questions from Chemistry will also be asked.
How to Prepare for CTET – Proper Study Plan
- A proper study plan is essential for this exam to cover all the topics of the syllabus.
- Make a detailed study plan for the exam based on the syllabus and your own Strengths and Weaknesses.
- A study plan will not only organise your preparation for this exam but also help you keep a clear mindset and keep your mind free of stress.
- Make it a point to follow the study plan religiously and you will see the difference in the CTET result 2018.
How to Prepare for CTET – Time Management
- The CTET exam is of 150 minutes with you having to attempt 150 questions in the same number of minutes
- You get 1 minute to attempt each question and wasting more time on one question would not help you.
- Solve as many questions as you can first and attempt the rest later with sufficient time left.
- Manage your preparation time effectively as well. Decide a stipulated time for a topic and aim at completing the topic before time.
How to Prepare for CTET – Important Tips
- Read all the questions carefully.
- Do not get nervous, stay calm and solve the questions with a clear mind.
- Trust your preparation, don’t waste time on questioning yourself.
- There is no negative marking, you can take a chance with questions you are not sure about.
These were some important preparation tips for CTET exam 2018. Hope this article helped you and all the best for CTET Exam 2018.