SSC CHSL (Staff Selection Commission for e Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination) is a very popular recruitment exam in India. The exam is a very good job opportunity and has a minimum eligibility criterion of Class 12, which is why it is so popular amongst the youth of our country.
Lakhs of youngsters apply for this exam every year. Although it might not be amongst the toughest in the country, the level of competition is fierce. However, anyone can crack this exam if he/she is working hard and is consistent.
A lot of applicants attend coaching classes to crack this exam but there are a lot of others who get through it on their own. Excelling this exam without coaching is not an impossible task. All you need for that is to have the correct action plan and right study material.
Before proceeding to prepare and appear for the exam take a look at the examination pattern.
Tier 1: This is a Multiple Choice Questions based online exam. This exam has 100 MCQs, with a total of 200 marks that need to be attempted in 75 minutes
Tier 2: This is a written test of total 100 marks and containing an essay, letter or report writing
Tier 3: This is purely a skill-based test
Required study material
Three phase study plan by dividing the time period:
- Spend daily nearly 90 minutes to study one topic each of different subjects
- Make sure to read an English newspaper, this will help you brush your GK and English
- Take topic tests, if possible, on some website or mobile app
- Do not go for a lot of practice paper now, 2 tests would be more than enough during this period
- Solve at least 50 questions each of Mathematics, English and Reasoning
- Make GK and English newspaper notes
- Continue with mock test papers, 4 to 8 mocks with complete analysis
- Try to solve past year papers of SSC CHSL
- Try to solve at least 10-12 mock question papers in this phase, with a reasonable time being given to analysis.
- Practice as much as possible. Focus on your strengths now.
- Revise everything. Go through all the notes that you have made.
- Continue to revise your GK notes