Trades offered under technical and non-technical sepcializations:-
Group ‘X’ Technical trade aspirants will be tested in subjects of English, Physics and Mathematics. The duration of the written test is 60 minutes.
A small passage followed by questions.
1. To judge comprehension
2. Drawing of inferences
3. Use of vocabulary
1. Agreement of subject with verb
2. Pattern of verb and their use.
3. Sequence of tenses.
4. Transformation of sequences-Compound, Complex, Simple, Negative, Affirmative.
2. Word formation
3. Antonyms and Synonyms
4. One word substitution
5. Correct usage of articles
6. Correct usage of Prepositions
7. Correct usage of adjectives-degrees of comparison
8. Correct usage of conjunctions
9. Correct usage of Nouns and Pronouns
10. Correct usage of numbers (Singular-Plural)
11. Words, which are commonly getting confused
12. Word order
13. Correct usage of Adverbs
IV. Idioms and Phrases
1. Use of simple idioms
2. Use of Common proverbs
V. Direct / Indirect sentences : Narration change
1. Change of various types of sentences from direct to indirect form
2. Change of various types of sentences from indirect to direct form
VI. Active and Passive Voices
1. Change of all types of sentences from active to passive form
2. Change of all types of sentences from passive to active form
1. Physical World & Measurement
3. Laws of Motion
4. Work, Energy & Power
5. Motion of System of particles & Rigid Body
7. Properties of Bulk Matter
9. Behaviour of Perfect Gas & Kinetic Theory of gases
10. Oscillations & Waves
12. Current Electricity
13. Magnetic effect of current & Magnetism
14. Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating current
15. Electromagnetic Waves
17. Dual Nature of Matter
18. Atoms and Nuclei
19. Electronic Devices
20. Communication Systems
1. Sets, Relations, functions
2. Trigonometric functions
3. Inverse Trigonometric functions
4. Complex Numbers
5. Quadratic Equations
6. Sequence & Series (AP & GP)
9. Binomial Theorem
10. Coordinate geometry – Straight line
11. Coordinate geometry – Circles
12. Coordinate geometry – Parabola
13. Coordinate geometry – Ellipse
14. Coordinate geometry – Hyperbola
15. Exponential Series
16. Logarithmic Series
19. Limit & Continuity
21. Application of Differentiation
22. Indefinite Integrals
23. Definite Integrals
24. Application of Integration
25. Deferential Equations
Group ‘X’ (Education Instructor) Trades:- Candidates will have to attempt two papers (Objective type and descriptive type paper). The objective type paper will contain sections of General English, General Awareness and Current Affairs. The descriptive type paper is aimed at testing language comprehension and power of expression.The duration of both these papers is 40 and 35 minutes respectively.
Written Test will be objective type and question paper will be bilingual (English & Hindi), except for English paper. Written test will be based on CBSE up to class XII syllabus. Candidates are to qualify in each paper/test separately. Result of written test is declared on the same day.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):- Candidates passing the written test are required to undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT). Passing the PFT is mandatory. The PFT for all trades [except IAF (Security)] consists of a 1.6 km run to be completed within 8 minutes. The PFT for IAF (Security) trade includes a 2.4 Km run & 5 Km run to be completed in 15 minutes & 30 minutes respectively. Candidates above 27 years of age will be given relaxation in PFT timing as per existing norms (Applicable to serving NC (E) s only). Candidates completing PFT faster are awarded additional marks on a sliding scale.
Interview: Candidates passsing PFT will be interviewed by a team of Officers & Warrant ranks. Interview is normally conducted in English as such working knowledge is necessary.
Trade Allocation Test (TAT):- Candidates of Group ‘X’ (Technical) trades who qualify in interview are to required to undergo Trade Allocation Test for bifurcation into Mechanical and Electronics stream. Specific trade allotment within these streams will be carried out at Basic Training Institute (BTI), Air Force (Belgaum).
Medical:- Candidates who have been recommended for interview will be medically examined by the Recruitment Medical Team as per
All India Select List (AISL):- Candidates who pass the written Test, complete PFT within the given time, clear the interview and have undergone medical examination are arranged in the All India Select List (AISL). The inclusion of names of the candidates in the AISL depends upon the performance of the candidates in the selection test and number of vacancies to be filled. Candidates are enrolled in the Indian Air Force as per the existing vacancies.