Railway Exam Pattern
We are starting from Group D exam Pattern and by scrolling-down you will get the paper pattern of all the groups (A, B, C and D).
RRB Group D Exam Pattern:
The Recruitment of Group D is executed and managed at the Divisional Level. This is also conducted by the headquarters of the Zonal Railways.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Time (in minutes)|
|Mathematics||100||100||The Examination will be of one and a half hour.|
|General Intelligence (Reasoning)|
RRB Group C Exam Pattern:
Recruitment of Group C posts are categorized Technical and Non-Technical vacancies conducted by Railway Recruitment Control Board of the Ministry of Railways.
Group C Technical:
- Time Duration: The Examination will be of 120 minutes.
- of Questions: The candidates will be asked total 150 Multiple Choice Questions.
- Group C Non-Technical:
- Time Duration: The Examination will be of 90 Minutes.
- of Questions: Total 100-120 questions will be asked.
- Marking System: 01 mark for every right answer and 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
RRB Group B Exam Pattern:
The Recruitment of Group B is conducted through promoting the employees of Group C to Group B.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Time (in minutes)|
|General Awareness||80||80||Composite time of 130 minutes for all tests together|
RRB Group A Exam Pattern:
The most High Profile posts of Officer ranking comes under the Group A category. The Recruitment of these posts is directly conducted by UPSC. In Group A the recruitment of posts conducted by the Civil Services Exam and Combined Engineering Services Exam.
Through the Civil Service Exams the candidates gets job in the following services:
- Indian Railway Traffic Service
- Indian Railway Accounts Service
- Indian Railway Personnel Service
- Railway Protection Force
Through the Combined Engineering Services Exam the candidates gets job in the following services:
- Indian Railway Service of Engineers
- Indian Railway Stores Service
- Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers
- Railway service of Signal Engineers
Through UPSC Special Class Railway Apprentice Examination the individuals can get recruited in Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers.
UPSC Special Class Railway Apprentice Examination Exam Pattern:
|I||General Ability Test (English, General Knowledge, and Psychological test )||2 hours||200|
|II||Physical Science (Physics and Chemistry)||2 hours||200|